I love baking and I've been wanting to make Madeleines for ages, so I finally got myself a Madeleine tray and made some this afternoon. I found this recipe online at Allrecipes.co.uk- it's really easy + takes under 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
This makes about 18-20 Madeleines (I may have tried a little bit of the mixture..!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 125g icing sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease and flour the Madeleine moulds.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, vanilla and lemon zest with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the icing sugar. Beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and satiny.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour by fourths. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter. Spoon batter into the prepared moulds, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the tops spring back. Cool in moulds on a rack for 1 minute. Loosen with a knife. Invert onto a rack and cool. Once cool sift icing sugar over the tops and tadah you're done!